Friday, October 10, 2008

Thanks for the prayers!

I want to thank my grandson Brian Jr. for coming with me
 to the hospital! He took a half day off from school to be with 
me. He also had a project that was due today at school. 
Thank You Brian for your love for me and Grandma. 

We got to the hospital at 1pm and waited and waited. 
Hilma's surgery was to be at 2pm and it was postponed 
several times. We felt bad because she was hungry. Most 
of our time waiting with her, was delightful and we
 had fun talking about the good old days. Finally
 at 5:30pm they came for her. We met the doctor and 
anesthesiologist. We prayed for them and off she went!

Brian Jr and I went to get something to eat and 
quickly came  back to wait. On our way back into the 
hospital i hit what i thought was the handicap button to 
open the doors and instead stopped the  huge revolving 
doors at the main entrance of the hospital! I tried to
hit the button again to see if I could get it to work 
again, no luck! We sat close by the doors and ate our 
lunch and watched as people tried to use the doors..... 
they are sensor controlled so people stood there and 
waited for it to move, not knowing it was disabled! I know
 this shouldn't be funny, but, Brian Jr and I had a good
 laugh! I also told Brian that they would probably know
 it was me, if they were to play back the video camera  
that watched me hit the wrong button!

I also want to thank Kelly for driving home from
 school to see Grandma. We made a late night visit at
 around 10pm and Hilma was up and feeling pretty good.
 Kelly brought her stethoscope and got to listen to her lungs.
Kelly has been studying about chest and lungs and had 
fun using what  she learned on her grandmother. Back 
to Hilma :) She should be back to the nursing home
 today. We are hoping that with this surgery she 
will be up out of her wheelchair!
You can check out her surgery called Kyphoplasty at this link.
(http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00388&return_link=0)

6 comments:

[Kelly] said...

Love the pics, you and bj are bad news together!

TK said...

Kelly, your just J you weren't there too! LOL

Anonymous said...

kelly is cute!!

DD said...

Praise the Lord things went well! I love the pictures. kelly is going to make a GREAT nurse, just like KK!

MOMMYXTHREE said...

How is Grandmas recooping? How all is well.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everything went will.
giver my love.

Elena