Sunday, March 7, 2010

Happy 23rd Birthday Brittany Rebecca

Wow a lot happened the week you were born!
My water broke on your sister Karen's birthday, March 3rd. We were celebrating Karen's birthday and I made this delicious Devil's food chocolate cake. I didn't get to have any, because they say when your in labor, not to eat! Little did I know you wouldn't be born for another 5 days! I had labor on and off for a few days, nothing big. Finally on the 7th, they had me come in for induction. I was so nervous, because of a possible C-section could occur. All my labors have been short and I was not looking forward to this kind of delivery. You were 3 weeks early and my body was not ready to deliver yet, they told me...
I was hooked up to pitocin (a drug to facilitate labor) and in a total of 5 hours from start to finish, you were born!
I was excited to have you in "The Birthing Room" With your sisters I had to go to the OR, because in those days, that's what they did!
You were so tiny, 5 pounds 14 and a half ounces and 18 inches long! I remember you crying softly, and Dad went over to you and said "what are you crying about?" you turned your head and looked at him and stopped and listen. Ah, your the same way today! A fantastic listener!
Can't wait to meet your BABY!




2 Months Old
I miss your "Strawberry Marks!"

Alice In Wonderland in 3D

Waiting for the Movie to Start

Brittany's best friends Sarah & Robert joined us!

Carrabba's for Appetizer's & Dessert!

3 comments:

DD said...

And she was such a good baby! I hope she has a baby that was as good as she was!

britt said...

thanks mom!

[Kelly] said...

SO fun! Wish i was there!!