Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Visit with Dan's Brother Vinny


On our way to Connecticut we stopped to see Dan's 
brother Vinny. He's a pastor and his church is in
New Jersey. It was great catching up with him.
Does anyone think they look alike? 
Dan's father owned many antique trucks. Vinny has 
taken over a few and keeps them in impeccable condition!
My favorite part of seeing the trucks, was when Vinny
started them up.  It reminded me of the many rides
we had on them!
The photo below is a 1917 Republic!
He also owns a 1926 Chevrolet! It's 
the green one in the collage. 
 Dan's Dad was a Auto 
Mechanic and had a very successful business!
He loved to restore antique trucks.
Kelly was with us and got to sit behind the wheel.
She said it brought back many fun memories
with Grandpa Kovlak!

Also, in the collage is a bicycle built for two.
I remember riding it when I was 9 months 
pregnant with my first daughter Jennifer, 35
years ago! 

click on photo for better viewing!

2 comments:

DD said...

Wow this does bring back many, many good memories!!! I remember when I was a Brownie and Grandpa use to drive the truck in the parade!!! Oh what good times. I always felt so proud and important when I was on his truck waving to people.

KK said...

I agree with DD, this does bring back so many great memories..."Don't touch my windows"